1. Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
2. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
3. Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too, can become great.
4. Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.
5. Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear — not absence of fear.
6. A man’s character may be learned from the adjectives which he habitually uses in conversation.
7. A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.
8. Do something every day that you don’t want to do; this is the golden rule for acquiring the habit of doing your duty without pain.
9. The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else.
10. Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.
Posts tagged ‘Ambition’